U.S. Urban Search & Rescue is looking for volunteers to fulfill our mission of providing emergency services search & rescue services to counties in Texas.
The process for new members is as follows:
- Submit application to US USAR
- Come in for an interview
- Attend Orientation
- Begin 3 month training program
In training, we cover: rules & regulations, wilderness SAR, urban SAR, water SAR, emergency operations, & first aid. If you are interested in joining US USAR in a role other than search & rescue, which may be physically challenging, you can apply to be a member in a support role. Support roles are: office assistance, logistics, communications, & general support of the team.
Teams inside of US USAR include:
- Water Rescue
- General Search & Rescue
- High Angle Rescue
- Structural Collapse
- Must undergo a background check.
- Must serve a probationary period for a minimum of 6 months.
- Must successfully complete the Basic Search and Rescue Training Program.
- Must successfully complete Basic First Aid certification.
- Willingness to attend special details.
- Must be willing to work in a structured departmental environment.
- Willingness to volunteer time, skills, loyalty and effort for the good of the community.
18 and up
5 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours