Interested in helping students with math? Enjoy working with middle school students? Then the Math Classroom Coaching (MCC) program is for you! Help us help students increase their understanding of math AND their confidence in their own ability to solve math problems.
About the MCC Program:
- Volunteers work with a small group of 3 to 4 students once a week for 45 minutes.
- Volunteers can choose to work with 6th or 7th grade students at the following middle schools: Burnet, Covington, Dobie, Martin, Sadler Means YWLA, and Webb.
- Volunteers choose the class time that works best for them (options in the mornings and afternoons on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays).
- Lessons are provided to volunteers in advance with the answers!
- APIE staff are on-site with the volunteers. Teachers remain the classroom, and all students participate.
- Volunteers complete a background check and a 1-hour training before volunteering.
- Volunteer sharing is also available (This is when 2 volunteers sign up together and volunteer on alternate weeks.)
The MCC program runs from the first week of October through the first week of May.
We hope to have you join us in the classroom!