Saturday Academy seeks one college student for an internship to learn about the outreach and communications involved in an internship program within a non-profit organization. At Saturday Academy, we learn by doing. The intern will be assigned to the ASE Program doing projects to gain an overview of the program as well as contribute meaningfully to the program’s operation.
The ASE Program develops eight-week, full-time summer internships for high school students with a strong interest and ability in science, technology, engineering, and math fields. This position is an integral part of the ASE team at Saturday Academy and reports to the ASE Coordinator. Close coordination between this position and other staff members is essential.
Outreach and communication duties could include student recruitment support, as well as corresponding with area high schools and community groups. There may be opportunities for public speaking and to attend events, as well as research to build relationships with regional partners.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office products, social media, web research, and some experience or willingness to learn databases such as Salesforce
- Exceptional attention to detail, and superior organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to recognize, prioritize and address multiple deadlines and programmatic goals
- Flexibility and an excellent sense of humor
- An independent and creative individual who enjoys working with diverse groups of people.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evening or weekend events.