|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
Section 64 (shift 2)
Jonathan Chen wrote on January 23rd, 2020
Hey Section 64 Team!
I am grateful for you all, and I'm looking forward to another successful PIT Count. I need the following from you:
1) Please reply to this email and confirm you will be meeting THIS SATURDAY, Jan 25th, 4:30AM at Kerbey Lane Cafe (4301 W William Cannon Dr), for the PIT Count.
2) Complete the Required Training if you haven't already done so: https://www.austinecho.org/pit/#training
3) Let me know if you have participated in any PIT Counts.
4) Let me know if you have are willing to drive your vehicle for the PIT Count.
5) Provide your cell phone number for communication during the PIT Count.
6) Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
We will do our traveling by car, but still plan to be extensively on your feet. After today's rain, access to some camps may also be muddy. Other than that, please prepare according to the recommendations covered in Volunteer Training.
Jonathan Chen wrote on January 15th, 2020
Thank you for volunteering for the 2020 ECHO PIT Count!
My name is Jonathan Chen, and this is my fourth year participating in the Count. This year, I am serving as your Team Leader for Section 64 covering the area bounded by William Cannon, Brodie, Slaughter, and Escarpment. Our shift will run from 5am to 9am on January 25th.
Here are the major coordination items:
* Before PIT Count: If you haven't already, please complete your volunteer training ASAP. For more info on the mandatory training: https://www.austinecho.org/pit/#training
* Day of PIT Count: Please plan to meet at Kerbey Lane Cafe (4301 W William Cannon Dr, Austin, TX 78749) at 4:30am on January 25th, for briefing and supplies. We will also meet back at Kerbey Lane after the PIT Count to collect any filled out paper forms, collect leftover materials, and have an optional debrief.
Please send me any questions you have, and I will try to answer them. If it would be helpful, I may set up a brief video conference call one evening next week to address any further coordination and questions, and to share experiences; let me know if you would like to participate in something like that.
I am here to be a resource and a point of contact leading up to and on the day of the PIT Count. Feel free to reach out. Again, thanks for volunteering! I'm looking forward to meeting you all!