Thank you for signing up to come to IMPD at Brentwood Park!
Projects will include:
- Tree and flower bed mulching.
- Flower bed weeding, cleanup, and tending the plantings
- Trash pickup
- As needed, clearing fallen branches from the storm (note: no pruning and no power tools! Any damaged but attached branches should be reported to 311)
- Tools (shovels, rakes, pitchforks, loppers, wheelbarrows, hand tools, etc. for mulching and weeding). Please mark your tools with name and phone #. Ask to borrow a sharpie at the pavilion if you need to mark your tools.
- Kneepads (some people find these useful for weeding)
- Water bottles and mugs
Please show up in time for a safety briefing at 9am. Sign in at the Pavilion, grab some food from our sponsors, and get directions to project locations. Volunteers will be manning the sign in table throughout the morning. Thank you to Eldorado Cafe for providing tacos, Genuine Joe for coffee, and Austin Parks Foundation for organizing the event and for t-shirts!
Please watch this 1-minute video on mulching before Saturday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLdbdQ9fVZE
Upping your volunteer game:
If you'd like to help prepare for the workday or help guide activities during the event, please reach out! We need a few extra hands to help with the registration tables and managing volunteers. It's a great way to meet folks and learn more about projects in the park.
Rain Policy from Austin Parks Foundation:
- If it rains on Saturday, projects will commence up to one hour late.
- If heavy rain persists, projects are to start at their original start time on Sunday.
- If both days are rained out, the project will occur the following weekend on Saturday, March 10, 9am-12pm.
If it is raining on Saturday morning, I will send out an email by 8:30am stating whether the start time will be delayed or if it looks like we will need to switch days.
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you at the park!