As time passed, Mt. Calvary relocated from lower Oxford to East Market Street where the cornerstone was laid on August 8, 1884. Mt. Calvary then became Allen A.M.E and was dedicated on May 5, 1886. No longer known as Mt. Calvary, the new Church was named in honor of Richard Allen, whom God steered to start the African Methodist Episcopal Church in a tiny blacksmith shop on 6th and Lombard Streets in Philadelphia.
On May 23, 1935, tragedy struck a blow to all members as the Church was destroyed by fire. Members from a next-door neighbor burning trash on a windy night ignited a fire that caused the Church to burn down. Funds from appeals to the Body Christ throughout Oxford resulted in the present-day Church on Eighth and Market Streets. The present edifice and third Church opened its doors in the fall of 1935 to jubilant members.
Today, Allen AME Church is the oldest African American church in Oxford, PA.