First known as Buchanan House and Droke House, the two names were later combined to form Buchanan-Droke Hall. Buchanan House was named for Dr. John L. Buchanan, the first president of the University of Arkansas. He served as President from 1894 until his death in 1902. Buchanan House was built and opened in 1955. Droke House was named for George Wesley Droke, the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences until his death in 1925. Droke was an institution at the University for almost 50 years.
5 People | 16 Impacts | 29 Hours | 796 Total Economic Impact